Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This is going to piss some people off...sorry (blog assignment)

Why does everyone hate Michael Moore? Not just the causes or the opinions he has, but him as a person? Now with that said it makes me sound like I like the guy, and I cant really say I do or don't like him, I mean I don't know the guy personally. As you can guess by now though is I do have an argument on his behalf. Before I even begin I know this blog is not going to be well liked and I will have a lot of
"haters."Which is actually another reason why I chose this topic, I am interested to why he is so disliked.

Michael Moore was the creator of a couple well known documentaries such as, "Bowling for Columbine", "Fahrenheit 911", and "Sicko".  I have seen two of these. When I saw Fahrenheit 911, I had no idea what is was about and no idea who Michael Moore was. So I feel like I went in to it with a pretty open mind. The movie was very interesting and knowing nothing about the movie I took a lot of the movie very serious and I was actually mad. When I spoke about it to others they had the exact opposite reaction. Yes they were upset but not for the same reasons I  was. They were mad at Michael Moore! Not just mad..we're talking hate! In  no way did they agree with anything from the movie? So okay I am not completely naive I understand there two sides to every story. With that said you would have to say his was very well thought out. Every point or fact (depending how you interrupt it) in the movie was backed up by evidence, whether it was a video,picture, or a witness. The topics at hand were researched and presented to be very factual.

Okay back to two sides to every story..... Michael Moore believed in something enough to put in the work of making it true. Like the scientific method.... you have a hypothesis and then you experiment in order to find out whether or not it is true or not. Isn't that what Michael Moore did? You might not like the outcome but how can you deny it. If you are faced in front of a jury doesn't the lawyer plea your case with evidence to decide guilty or not? I know I know, there is another lawyer and another side to the story... I have not heard the other side because no body has made anything speaking the other side? All the people who complain about how untrue his movies are and bias they are I don't see anyone else challenge the other half!

For the record I am not democrat or republican... There is no hidden agenda to this blog. I was just a person who was persuaded.  A man had a opinion and did a dang good job of making me believe it. I have respect for Michael Moore because he backs up his comments and points with evidence. I know he isn't this wonderful man who is all rainbows and butterflies he is very in your face and down right rude at times. Even with that said I will continue to watch his movies and be amazed with the passion and hard working effort he puts in to what he truly believes and can prove.

No comments:

Post a Comment