I decided to make my second blog about one of the presentations that was given in class last week....
Romantic comedies? Do they affect relationship's/individuals? Do people take movies to literally?..... These were questions that I came up with after the presentation given by my fellow classmates. Being an admit movie goer myself and a fan of romantic comedies, it really made me think why I love those types of movies so much and why I am drawn in to them. Then I thought its not just me but a lot of my friends as well and not so much my guy friends but all my female friends. Is there a reason why women like or are drawn to romantic comedies besides it just being a good laugh.Or do women secretly or unknowingly wish these type of situations for their own lives?
I am not really sure how accurate research would be on this topic because it would all be opinion based. Even so I still wanted to write about it. I am not sure I need any answer saying either way. I can speak for myself and I like movies like this because I like the romance. I know that the love stories I see on the big screen are made up and serve as entertainment. At the same time I do take things from the movies and I suppose hope it could be a possibility in my own life. Silly I know! But who doesn't want to be happy and even if there is a struggle in the movie the couple always have some sort of happy ending. I cant speak for a ll women of course but what I do know about women is that we want to be loved and treated like princesses and have adventures and butterflies. We want our night and shining armor, that person who will fight for us! These movies present that, and on top of it there is humor as well so it makes it all so much more fun! Just some movies I can think of off the top of my head that I have thought about in my own life are... "A Walk to Remember", " He's Just Not That in to You", and No Strings Attached". That's just a view...Its so easy to pick certain things from movies and relate them to your own life at any given time.
I don't want to say I want my life to be a movie or that I believe these type of romantic situations could happen to me or anyone for that matter. I can say that maybe the reason I enjoy these types of movies so much is because it is nice to know that these type of things could happen. Maybe for those two hours you get to laugh and be given hope that love could be that amazing. I mean what could be wrong with that? I suppose if you can separate make believe from reality whats wrong with romantic comedies and living in a possibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment